Updated April 28, 2019
Occasionally, I mention blogs and other resources (and include links) when they are relevant to a topic that I’m discussing and they have reliable information.
More generally, before refreshing the look of this blog (quite awhile ago at this point), I used to have a so-called “blog roll” (not my term) with links to blogs and resources containing good, reliable information that I liked and thought others might be interested in as well.
I was reminded about the “blog roll” by a recent request to “cross-pollinate” blogs. While I will consider all legitimate requests, I will not recommend or “cross-pollinate” a blog or other resource simply for marketing or cross-marketing purposes. However, the particular request seemed like a good resource and made me think to recreate my old blog roll.
So, here it is… well, a start, anyway. I actually plan to create a stand-alone page of resources, so it doesn’t get lost in the stream of posts.
For now, however, the blogs and resources on this page – listed alphabetically – are ones that I read regularly and found to be very useful. I hope you do too.
If you have others you like, please email me!
Noncompete / Trade Secrets Blogs (United States):
- Delaware Non-Compete Law Blog (Young Conway)
- Massachusetts Noncompete Law (Foley Hoag)
- Insights, News & Events (Fisher Phillips)
- Non-Compete & Trade Secrets Law (Duane Morris)
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Report (Jackson Lewis)
- Non-Compete & Trade Secrets Law (Burr Forman)
- Perspectives on Business Matters (Non-Compete & Trade Secrets) (Berman Fink Van Horn)
- Protecting Trade Secrets (Eric Ostroff)
- The Non-compete Blog (Jonathan Pollard)
- The Trade Secret Litigator (John Marsh, Bailey Cavalieri)
- Trade Secrets Trends (Crowell & Moring)
- Trade Secrets Watch (Orrick)
- Trading Secrets (Seyfarth Shaw)
A blog that I am very sad to say called it quits on December 15, 2018, but was outstanding when it was running (and still has useful content), is Legal Developments in Non-Competition Agreements (Ken Vanko).
In addition, though not a blog, James Pooley has an aggregation of articles and blog posts that he’s written, all accessible on one page. Definitely worth reading.
- 50 State Noncompete Laws Chart (first of it’s kind) (Beck Reed Riden)
- 50 State (and Federal) Trade Secrets Laws Chart (first and only) (Beck Reed Riden)
- Trade secret (Wikipedia)
- Trade Secret Protection (LinkedIn group)
- Non-compete clause (Wikipedia)
- Noncompete Lawyers (LinkedIn group)
- Trade Secrets Institute (Brooklyn Law School)
Please note that the most current version of both the 50 State Noncompete Chart and 50 state and federal survey chart of trade secret laws can always be found on my firm’s resources page.